GINGER-APPLE GREEN SMOOTHIE
Green juice drinks are the rock stars of good health. Packed with nutrition, they support a healthy immune system and are a perfect way to get in your 7 fruits and vegetables recommended each day.
You can vary the ingredients depending upon what is in your refrigerator: (spinach, kale, celery, carrots, lettuce, oranges, pineapple, grapes, dates.)
Remember to use a high speed blender and I recommend a Vitamix.
1. Blend 1 cup of spinach, or another leafy greens of your choice in a blender or Vitamix.
2. Add 1 cup of liquid (water or plant based milk) and blend well (until all leafy chunks are gone).
3. Add 1 apple
4. Add one knuckle of peeled ginger
5. Add 3 stalks of celery
6. Add handful of ice
7. Blend again until smooth and creamy (adding more liquid when necessary).
8. Serve smoothie immediately for maximum nourishment.